Over the Edge Second Edition: The Roleplaying Game of Surreal Danger
For Over the Edge
Written by Jonathan Tweet and Robin D. Laws
Published by Atlas Games
241-page PDF (8.7 MB)
Stock Number AG2002, $18.00
Add to Cart
Let your imagination run naked in the street. . .
Devious secret agents, subtle alien invasions, ancient conspiracies, the secret of human nature, drooling psychopaths, weird science, a quick but painful death - who knows what you may find when you play Over the Edge? For the first time, the surreal undercurrents of fiction, cinema, and television have come to roleplaying, and Over the Edge is the game that can take you where you've never been before.
Over the Edge Features:
- Freeform Character Creation: Define your character the way you want to, without the limits of skill lists, random rolls, and artificial limitations. The rules favor character development over mechanics.
- Open Setting: Anything goes on the chaotic island of Al Amarja. If it troubles your dreams, if it scares you, if you hope it isn't true, it's waiting for you Over the Edge. Players can never be sure what they're up against, who is on their side, and why.
- Focus on the Story: Easy, open-ended mechanics allow you to spend more time developing your character and your plots, instead of crunching numbers. The GM's chapters include numerous story ideas and plenty advice for better gamemastering.
- Easy To Get Started: Three beginning adventures introduce the GM and players to the wild world of Al Amarja and make the first sessions easy to run.
- New in the Second Edition: the mother of all charts on what each Al Amarjan conspiracy thinks of all the other ones; updated references include all published supplements; improved layout and graphic appearance.
Prefer Print? This item is also available as a physical book in our sister-store, Warehouse 23!
Download a preview (3-page PDF (280 KB)) of this item!
Add to Cart