e23 currently has
4771 files available
GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D.
An e23 Original!
For GURPS 4th Ed.
Written by Matt Riggsby
Published by Steve Jackson Games
48-page PDF (2.2 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-0661, $9.99
Add to Cart
Get Lost in the Heart of the Byzantine Empire!
Constantinople . . . one of the greatest cities of all time. GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D. presents the jewel of the eastern Roman empire, detailed through more than 600 years of history. This gamer-geared guidebook brings the city to life in a hundred ways:
- Discover the breathtaking sights as you approach the city from land or sea, plus locales inside the imposing walls. A handy map points out major landmarks.
- Learn the history of this magnificent metropolis, from its early beginnings in the seventh century B.C. to its Ottoman conquest in 1453. It includes a timeline and GURPS City Stats descriptions for three iconic eras.
- Understand the apparatus of power that guided the city and empire to greatness, and how it was ahead of its time. Learn about the importance of the emperor and his household; the various civic, religious, and military officials; the relationship between the Orthodox Church and the state; and the spectacles used to keep it all together. Decipher the relative standing of various offices with a handy table showing equivalent GURPS Rank and Status levels. Get tips on how to fight battles with the Byzantine military and GURPS Mass Combat.
- Be introduced to several prominent political and cultural figures, with backgrounds, physical descriptions, and personality profiles.
- Get a glimpse into daily life: basics of the economy, family life, clothing, food, education, technology, sports (and other entertainment), and more.
- Note the adventure seeds throughout, providing exciting ways to insert Constantinople into your campaign. The city makes a destination for historical or pseudo-historical intrigue; it also works in countless crossover campaigns, including GURPS Banestorm, GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, GURPS Infinite Worlds, and more.
- Delve deeper using the extensive bibliography, including suggestions for appropriate music.
With GURPS Hot Spots: Constantinople, 527-1204 A.D., you'll discover a city that can only be described as iconic . . . in more ways than one!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
Download a preview (9-page PDF (987 KB)) of this item!
Add to Cart