Pyramid #3/07: Urban Fantasy
An e23 Original!
For GURPS 4th Ed. and Pyramid
Written by Filamena Young, J. Edward Tremlett and Steven Marsh
Published by Steve Jackson Games
42-page PDF (2.0 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-2607, $7.99
Add to Cart
In this issue of Pyramid, the PDF magazine for roleplayers, our theme is "Urban Fantasy," and it's packed with 42 pages of people, plots, and powered possibilities:
- "The New Kingdom," a systemless campaign that brings the Egyptian gods to the modern world. Can humanity survive their far-reaching plots? Can the gods and their agents uncover the mystery of who dares try to kill them?
- "Gangs and Magical Traditions," a discussion of the four types of gangs, with an example of each type that's steeped in magical tradition.
- "Of Sound and Signs," two minor magical variations for GURPS that are well-suited to urban environments, from Pyramid editor Steven Marsh.
- "Supporting Cast: Little Bits of Magic," which offers GURPS details for four city dwellers who tap the mystic side of the mundane world.
- Ready-to-use map pieces you can print many times, letting you build large-scale city street plans with ample room for notes. Use them plain or print them with the included hex grid.
- A generic discussion on options you can use in an urban-fantasy setting; minor tweaks can have a major impact on the world!
In addition, Pyramid serves up more goodies that make a magazine fun, including odds and ends, Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland, reviews and recommendations that fit the theme, and a "Last Word," where we ask an industry luminary to pick a word or phrase related to the issue's theme. This month, noted GURPS author Matt Riggsby takes a shot at pinning down urban fantasy.
Download a preview (2-page PDF (292 KB)) of this item!
Add to Cart