Pyramid #3/22: Banestorm
An e23 Original!
For GURPS 4th Ed. and Pyramid
Written by C.J. Miozzi, Paul Stefko, Andy Vetromile, Matt Riggsby, Phil Masters and Steven Marsh
Published by Steve Jackson Games
40-page PDF (4.7 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-2622, $7.99
Add to Cart
If you're looking for a quaint little fantasy getaway, why not consider a trip to Yrth? Be warned; you may find it hard to go home again . . .
This month's Pyramid - the PDF magazine for roleplayers - is devoted to GURPS Banestorm, the premier GURPS Fantasy campaign setting. Most of its articles can also be adapted to other fantasy settings or games with little difficulty - including GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. This issue includes:
- "Ansonne: The Black Heart of Araterre," detailing the setting's swashbuckling cesspool of sin. Written by Matt Riggsby (GURPS Hot Spots: Renaissance Florence, GURPS Locations: The Tower of Octavius, and more), this complete guide to the city - including a full-page map - provides everything you need to make Ansonne the source for an exciting adventure or the focus of an extended campaign.
- "Places to Come From: Heroic Origins on Yrth," giving insight on how to incorporate epic backgrounds into Ytarrian campaigns. Written by Phil Masters (GURPS author extraordinaire, including co-author of GURPS Banestorm), this article offers two example campaign locales that can provide excellent background elements or mysteries for heroes.
- "Whatever Happened To . . .?," describing famous individuals from our world who might arrive on Yrth - and what they might try to accomplish once they're here. Each person includes ideas for how they would adapt and why heroes might interact with them (or their legacies).
- "Arvey: The City of Silver Hills," is another place for Ytarrian adventure. In addition to providing its history, areas of interest, and notes on its movers and shakers, this article also contains full GURPS character stats for three of its citizens - although whether they're friends or foes depends on the adventurers' goals . . .
- "The Crystal Wilds," a description of a natural cave formation that could be the focal point for an archaeological adventure or ongoing campaign developments. Is it realistic or fantastic? Yes!
In addition, this Pyramid offers its usual fantastic features: Murphy's Rules with Greg Hyland; Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table; and other odds and ends - which this month includes a player's version of the map from GURPS Banestorm: Abydos.
You don't need to be a magic man to know which way the wind blows . . . unless you're trying to fathom the mysterious cross-dimensional Banestorms, of course.
Download a preview (2-page PDF (931 KB)) of this item!
Add to Cart