Pyramid #3/34: Alternate GURPS
An e23 Original!
For GURPS 4th Ed. and Pyramid
Written by David L. Pulver, Ken Clary, Douglas H. Cole, Mark Gellis, Steven Marsh and T Bone
Published by Steve Jackson Games
36-page PDF (2.1 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-2634, $7.99
Add to Cart
The Tweak-ist Link
When it comes to helping craft exactly the kind of game you want, GURPS has choices galore. This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- is dedicated to optional tweaks and techniques that shake up the system, adding new possibilities or challenging the underlying assumptions of the game. This issue's molecular manipulations include:
- "Alternate Spaceships," a look at modifications to the wildly popular GURPS Spaceships system. Written by that series' mastermind, David Pulver, this feature includes interesting tweaks, new systems, variant design features, and more.
- "A New Take on Grappling," a radical revision that unifies and expands the grappling system from the GURPS Basic Set and GURPS Martial Arts. Get hands on!
- "When We Were Very Small," an examination of the smaller side of GURPS. This "little" tweak includes a big table of over 100 tiny troublemakers.
- "Extreme Damage," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. What happens when people, objects, and explosions get really big?
- "Ten Tweaks to Customize Combat," a handful of new and expanded options for when baddies bring on the battle.
- "A Deck of Dice," which replaces the fundamental resolution mechanic for GURPS with a simple suggestion . . . thus opening up new possibilities!
- "Armor Revisited," a look at how to introduce variability to the defensive side of the fray.
This Pyramid also presents Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, a GURPS-flavored Murphy's Rules, and more. With this issue, we encourage you to break the rules!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
Download a preview (6-page PDF (1.4 MB)) of this item!
Add to Cart