Pyramid #3/35: Aliens
An e23 Original!
For GURPS 4th Ed. and Pyramid
Written by David L. Pulver, Steven Marsh, Michele Armellini, Megan McDonald, Stephen P. Kohler, J. Edward Tremlett and Alan Leddon
Published by Steve Jackson Games
37-page PDF (2.4 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-2635, $7.99
Add to Cart
The Stars Are Alive!
Sure, Mars says they need women, but what are they really up to? Or those upstarts from Delta Cephei? Or any of the billions of beings who likely inhabit the cosmos? This month's Pyramid -- the PDF magazine for roleplayers -- takes an in-depth look at aliens. A shadowy autopsy of this issue's contents will reveal:
- "Alien Disadvantages," an exploration of dozens of the GURPS Basic Set disadvantages, with an eye for how to turn them into something new and unexpected. Learn when "Flashbacks" might not really be flashbacks, plus other possibilities.
- "The Trojan Gambit," describing an alien invader with a twist. Written by GURPS veteran Michele Armellini, these entities (with GURPS stats) show the problem with keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.
- "Making Something Alien," a systemless examination of the thoughts, motivations, and appearances that make something seem truly out of this world.
- "Wargrave Station," this month's Eidetic Memory offering from GURPS Fourth Edition co-author David Pulver. This versatile "graveyard" for extraterrestrial artifacts includes an unusual GURPS Spaceships vessel.
- "Well Past Alien," presenting six extraordinary species suitable for any spacefaring setting. Can the heroes overcome each one's intrinsic inhumanity and establish meaningful contact?
- "Alien Starting Conditions," a quick-and-easy systemless method that generates new outlooks for aliens by looking at their planet of origins. You can't go home again, but you always bring some of it with you.
- "First Contact," a dozen quick ideas for how to bring aliens to Earth . . . or how we might encounter the unknown.
This Pyramid also presents Steven Marsh's Random Thought Table, a Murphy's Rules that might prove alienating, and more. With this issue, you're sure to have a close encounter of the best kind!
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
Download a preview (6-page PDF (1.5 MB)) of this item!
Add to Cart