Transhuman Space: Transhuman Mysteries
For GURPS 4th Ed. and GURPS Transhuman Space
Written by William H. Stoddard
Published by Steve Jackson Games
38-page PDF (2.1 MB)
Stock Number SJG37-6712, $7.99
Add to Cart
Investigate the Future!
The world of 2100 is a bright and exciting place. But among the dazzle of LED screens and the glitter of cybershell casings linger shadows -- and within shadows lurk mysteries. Transhuman Mysteries brings nail-biting noir and heart-pounding whodunits to the world of Transhuman Space:
- The types of mystery tales suitable for the world of 2100, from police procedurals to young detectives -- including a locale for each genre where that type of tale would be especially appropriate.
- Seven occupational lenses, for transforming any hero into an interesting investigator. Become an amateur sleuth, a crime scene analyst, or even a police "superdog"!
- New and existing advantages, disadvantages, and techniques that are well-suited for a suspenseful story in this SF setting.
- New and essential equipment for investigators, plus five off-the-shelf infomorph allies.
- An illumination of investigation in the near-now. Data mining, nanodetection, memetics, and more: Discover what does and doesn't work in the world of detection.
- A navigation of nefarious activities. From unauthorized existence through ecotage and money nanocleansing to memetic malfeasance, learn what's going on (and what isn't) in the world of criminal activity.
- A look at lawbreakers of the future. Uncover what brings futuristic folks to crime and how they get ahead . . . and learn that not all criminals are human!
- A guide on how to build and present a mystery in Transhuman Space. What classic tropes work well in the world of tomorrow, and what bits need to be tweaked?
Whether shadowing a cheating spouse or scrutinizing a charred spaceship, Transhuman Mysteries is the essential guide when there are secrets to uncover and mysteries to solve.
Visit the official web page for more info, resources, product support, and links.
Download a preview (6-page PDF (1.1 MB)) of this item!
Add to Cart